Prototype quickly and get to market faster.
This wave of connected devices will be a diversified collection of products invented for specific consumers and consumer needs.
The Intel Edison solution was designed specifically for the creators of these devices – emerging entrepreneurs eager to invent the future. It combines a small, powerful, adaptable hardware platform and partner enabled ecosystem with extended software compatibility and supportive online environment.
With the solution offered by Intel Edison, your imagination is the only obstacle between you and your invention.
Small, powerful, and adaptable hardware
• High performance, dual-core CPU and single core micro-controller supports complex data collection in a low power package
• Integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LE, memory, and storage simplifies configuration and increases scalability
• 40 multiplexed GPIO interfaces with expansion board options for total project design and flexibility
• Supports a variety of Integrated Development Environments such as Arduino*, Eclipse, Wyliodrin*, and Intel’s XDK.
• Managed online community for project ideas and engagement with other product users.
• Intel product-expert support and open source community software tools.
• Access to device to device and device to cloud connectivity framework to enable cross device communication and a cloud based, multi-tenant, time-series analytics service.
Key technical features
At the center of Intel Edison is an Intel Atom 22nm SoC with a dual-core CPU at 500Mhz and a MCU at 100Mhz. This allows the product to collect and preprocess data via the MCU in a low power state and hand the filtered data off to the CPU for analytics. Edison includes 1GB of memory, 4GB of storage and dual-band WiFi and Bluetooth* 4.0 for communications. It supports 40 GPIOs with multiple configuration options
Visit Downloads & Documentation for the latest software updates, getting started guides and other documentation needs.